Wednesday, March 01, 2006

To Do Today: Stalking?

I've found a lot of amusement in suggesting I'm stalking people of late - stalking in the fun, good natured way where I can tell them I look through the bathroom window but they know full well I haven't, often because I'm not even in the same country. Yesterday I went stalking my father and in this case stalking means "searching for his name in the phone book." I think I might know where he is, and his phone book entry has no reference to my step-mother.

It has been many years since I had contact with my father, the last time was when he called to let me know that my grandfather (his father) had passed away. It has always been an on-again, off-again relationship. The type of relationship where we would run into each other in a city street, chat for 5 minutes and then move on.

I think it's time to try contact again, but there will have to be rules. The rule I'm thinking of mostly is that anything that has happened in the past is forgiven.

Potentially I'm setting myself up for failure - but if I don't try, I'll never know.

Other things to do today are much more mundane.

1 comment:

Cath said...

Stalking is much more fun if it involves egging his house.....