Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Iced Tea anyone?

As I write this post I'm also being hassled by Cathy and we've decided the best way to document everything that has gone on since my last post is something of this nature:



Work

I have started work in Melbourne now, and after a few initial head spins trying to learn new protocols and procedures I'm starting to feel much more at ease. There are regular coffee dates with "American Warships" (cryptic much?) and Cathy. Generally daily coffee involves divulging all the personal stuff that we don't tell other people at work, solving the worlds problems and the monumental decision of whether today is a muffin day or toast day.



Life - Love

Since the last blog my relationship with L has come to an end - I'll miss him as a partner, he can still make me laugh, but we just weren't working together and the distance made that more difficult. I made it all the way back to the sanctuary of my flat before I burst into tears at the end of the era. It was all very amicable and I really want to stay friends with him.



Life - other

Living in a flat which I love, it's still devoid of a few things that other people think are essential, but I have carboard boxes and packing material coming out of the waazoo. Tomorrow my mattress will arrive and thank f*** for that!



That's it for this post, just wanted to get back on my blogging feet again. The "Iced Tea" title is because I bought a kettle that believes that boiling water is far too dangerous.. and so 3 or 4 seconds after you turn it on, it turns off, says it's done and gives you tepid, barely warmed water.. sounds perfect for ice tea!

1 comment:

Cath said...

About time my dear!!!... So now can you update your details in your sidebar to no longer indicate you live in Sydney.....?