Thursday, October 19, 2006

Many people have done this - it was harder than I thought it would be - I wrote this earlier this year, thought it was time to share - unedited - enjoy.

1. I can remember phone numbers by the patterns they make on the keypad.
2. I had two recurring nightmares as a child. The first was that I was under attack from witches, the second that I drowned at the beach.
3. When I say "as a child" then I mean "well into my teenage years."
4. I will not take my shirt off in public.
5. The object of my first crush - turned out to be a paedophile.
6. None of my blogs makes reference to another
7. I'm obsessed with "Deal or No Deal"
8. I love chewing on things, anything. My parents got me a cake scraper when I was 7 to walk around the house chewing.
9. Nutrasweet makes my throat swell up and I start to cough a lot
10. My stem-cell transplant wiped out my immunity to Chicken-pox.
11. My sister gave me chicken pox for my 5th birthday.
12. Sometimes the urge is too strong and I *will* look through your bathroom cabinet. I have no idea what I hope or expect to find.
13. I've considered paying a psychologist to sit there for an hour each week to listen to me like I listen to others.
14. I would pay for sex.
15. I'm an incredible miser.
16. Food is the only exception to being a miser. I will happily pay for your meal.
17. I can not tolerate squabbling over how the bill will be split.
18. On the subject of food, I can not tolerate people touching me while I'm eating.
19. My next big goal is to buy a house.
20. Although I only talk to him once a month, I still consider him to be my best friend.
21. I honestly believe I was destined to be taller.
22. I like my trousers to be a tight fit.
23. I was so mortified about failing my first piano exam I ripped up the results sheet. I was six years old.
24. I lost my virginity at the age of 20. My most prominent thought was "I'm glad it was before I turned 21."
25. It has to be a case of desperation before I will use a urinal.
26. I stole $2 out of my mothers purse when I was 6. The guilt was too much and I confessed to it that night.
27. I have a strong feeling that I will live to either 92 or 97 years of age.
28. I like what I see when I look in the mirror. Provided I'm not too close.
29. I find "scantily clad" more appealing than "naked."
30. Almost everything you say to me reminds me of a TV show or movie.
31. I hang my washing out with all the shirts together, then shorts/trousers, then underwear, then socks, the socks are paired.
32. Without self-control, each item would have matching pegs.
33. I'm not obsessive compulsive, just quirky.
34. I talk while driving, I talk to my car, I talk to pedestrians, I talk to other traffic.
35. If I see a sign that asks "How fast are you going now?" I tell it.
36. I have no interest in driving a manual car.
37. I've never broken a bone, it's one of my big fears in life. I have had my finger cut off in a car door though. Thanks for that Mum.
38. Very few days go past without some reminder of cancer.
39. I can follow 3 or 4 conversations at once and be ready to take part in any of them at any time.
40. I have surprised people with what I can hear.
41. I have been told to speak louder in a library.
42. Bookshops make me want the bathroom.
43. I have one watch to cover all situations.
44. Talk of politics will make my eyes glaze over.
45. I think people should be fined for publishing anything with a word that has been spelt incorrectly. This includes banners and advertising.
46. I can not stand "TXT" and refuse to use it.
47. I'm going to be a grumpy old man.
48. I adore strawberry flavouring but am often too ashamed to order strawberry milkshakes, etc. in public.
49. If I don't like you, I'm probably imagining slapping you.
50. I constantly forget the French word for "watch," when I try to use it I can only think of the Japanese word.
51. I still test my knowledge of Hirigana.
52. I am prejudiced against obesity. It is something I work hard to control.
53. With a BMI of 25.1 I am "officially" overweight.
54. When I am upset I will take a stuffed toy to bed with me.
55. I tend to fall over if I stand on both feet - if you see me standing, I have all my weight on one foot.
56. I was constantly told how much I look like my mother, until people saw a photo of my father.
57. It seems I am the spitting image of my father. I have no contact with him, though I'm thinking of trying to initiate some again.
58. I hate writing in a blank notepad - it starts pristine and then I deface it with my writing.
59. I can touch type.
60. I have no talent for accents. My own accent is mostly Australian with a British influence. One person has described my accent as being "slightly posh." I consider that a compliment, but I know it doesn't describe me.
61. I love my work - it brings me great pleasure.
62. Lindt Chocolate (70%) and a bottle of Merlot will win me over every time.
63. I don't like living in Sydney.
64. I covet my "neighbours" iPod.
65. I rarely use my left hand.
66. When I get going, I can be a complete "bitch."
67. When using a cordless phone I feel compelled to pace around the house.
68. I think nothing of spending $20 - $30 on a single pair of underwear.
69. My middle name is Lindley - it's a family name. Robert Lindley was an ancestor and a talented musician, he's in Musical Dictionaries.
70. If family tradition had been observed I would be James Cook Teasdale.
71. I had all my wisdom teeth out in one go.
72. I have lied about how often I go to the gym for the sake of not being called obsessive.
73. I like tight t-shirts.
74. I can't stand anything around my neck - I have to pysch myself up for that thing they put on you during a haircut.
75. I own 2 ties, no more.
76. I've always like the name "David" and "Dave."
77. I was born one day before my due date.
78. I can tell you the difference between an English Beagle and an American Beagle. I can even describe to you what makes a "Lemon" Beagle. I have never owned a beagle.
79. I don't enjoy massage - giving or receiving.
80. I'm going to name my dogs after characters from "The Fifth Element" in the future.
81. I eat, and enjoy, raw potato.
82. Apples can make me almost vomit.
83. I like to eat a banana almost every day.
84. I love to say Baba Ganoush. If I see it on a menu I'll ask about the dish saying "Baba Ganoush" three times in the questioning. I won't order that dish.
85. If I don't know the answer in a multiple choice - I'll choose "B".
86. I'm completely addicted to coffee, I never drink instant.
87. I have a muppet fixation.
88. I know the words to all the "Spray and Wipe" ads of the 1980s.
89. I held back tears at the death of Princess Diana - I still don't know why.
90. I'm a sloppy eater - I've given up on white shirts.
91. If I was going to change careers I'd want to be cabin crew for QANTAS. I'd probably end up as an accountant.
92. I'd like to get a second degree and a recognised qualification in French.
93. I'm proud of Australia's compulsory voting system.
94. I often mix up the words to songs. I just accepted they were singing about "Alex the Seal."
95. I loathe tales of love.
96. I would do anything a police officer instructs.
97. I feel like a criminal when I jaywalk.
98. I love the feel of swimming in speedos but won't wear them if someone else will be there. I have been swimming naked, at night, alone.
99. I hate social kissing, can we please just not? Making out kissing is quite a different story.
100. If Buffy and Xena were locked in mortal combat, I believe Buffy would win, and be sassy while doing it.

2 comments:

Cath said...

Oh nice post my dear... and yes Buffy always wins!

KIRAN LIGHT said...

Oh I so like your list! I think I shall have to try one also!